- Category : Marketing
- Posted on : May 11, 2011
- Views : 652
- By : Vucebte Q.
1. Submit your site to search engines. The Open Directory project lists your web pages on the major search engines for free. See: http://www.dmoz.org/add.html
2. Write a descriptive title for each page. Use just five to eight words. Ensure that this is marked as 'title' in the html code. This page title will appear hyperlinked on the search engines when your page is found.
3. Make sure you have keywords in your content. They should mirror what users would type to find your pages (most search services index each word in an html file. Use short, accurate descriptions to identify ALT attributes within IMG (image) tags.
4. Metatags. These are embedded in a website’s html code but do not appear when viewing the site. They help search engines to index your site content. Use them.
5. Ask for reciprocal links. You can gain visibility on search engines as well as attracting more visitors by having other sites link to yours. For example, you can publish links to your consortium partners' websites and ask them to return the favour.
6. Submit your links to directories. Search for the major research actors in your field such as well-reputed web portals, and have your website added to their link section or directory.
7. Issue news releases and submit to press wires. Send news releases about your events and achievements to print and web periodicals. This may attract journalists to look at your project and publicist it.
8. Offer content for others to use in their newsletters and sites. You can increase your visibility when you write articles in your area of expertise and supply them to editors for their newsletters. Just ask that they include a link to your website and a one-line description of what you offer.
9. Send out email newsletters. Though it takes a lot of time, consider publishing a monthly e-mail newsletter. This is a good way to bring users to your website. But remember - it is important not to spam, so do not send e-mails without permission to people who do not want them.
10. Promote your website everywhere. At conferences, in web forums and in your email signature. Include your web address on business cards and promotional materials. Ensure that all reprints of cards, stationery and marketing materials contain your web address.
Subscribe Now10,000 successful online businessmen like to have our content directly delivered to their inbox. Subscribe to our newsletter!
Posted on : Apr 07
Posted on : Mar 19
Posted on : Feb 19
Posted on : Jan 27
- layer 7
- ddos mitigation
- server load
- seo vpn
- cheap vpn
- VPS Hosting
- Hosting Security
- Link Building
- Small Business
- SSD Hosting
- Dedicated Server
- Digital Marketing